S. Maria Assunta parish church
S. Maria Assunta parish church, built in 1792, where the ancient S.Maria church once stood, houses noteworthy oil paintings on canvas by Nicola Monti from Ascoli Piceno who was commissioned to paint a number of paintings, including S. Giorgio Martire (patron saint of the community, dated 1794), Addolorata con S. Francesco di Paola e S. Antonio da Padova (1794), and l’Assunta (1795). Other paintings of great interest are Madonna del Carmine con S. Paolo e San Lorenzo, a masterpiece painted in 1794 by Ignazio Sgrilli from Montefiore dell’Aso, Madonna del Rosario by the Marattesca school of artists dating to the XVII century, Immacolata with the saints Peter and Carlo Borromeo (the oldest of the paintings, dating to the late XVI century and by an unknown artist). The frescoes that decorate the ceiling (work of art by Dante De Carolis, brother to the renowned Adolfo) depict the coronation of Maria Assunta. In the sacristy there is a chiselled sideboard from the VXII century which derives from a craftsman’s workshop in the south of Germany, and the Holy Cross – a valuable relic which was donated to the local Franciscan monastery by Pope Nicolò IV in 1289.
(Thanks to Camilla Beretta for the translation)